Beat Auburn Beat Hunger to host bingo event

Beat Auburn Beat Bingo (BABB) is a Beat Auburn Beat Hunger (BABH) event that will be taking place on Wednesday, Oct. 21 at 5 p.m. in Lloyd 131.

BABH is an annual competition between the Tigers and the Crimson Tide to see who can collect more food for their regional food bank. Alabama’s efforts will support the West Alabama Food Bank.

Participants in BABB will receive one Bingo card (as supplies last) for every one canned good they bring to the event. There will be seven rounds of 5-across bingo and one round of blackout bingo. Before each round, prizes (such as UA insignia merchandise) will be announced.

While there is no explicit goal for how many canned goods are collected at this event, the goal for attendance is 30 people.

“As a result of the Beat Auburn Beat Bingo event, students will have an opportunity to give back to their community and interact with other members of the Capstone,” said Bonnika Ashley, Academic Graduate Assistant for University Programs.

This is the first time that BABB will be hosted by University Programs, and they are doing so in conjunction with the Restaurant, Hotel, and Meetings Management Department and Project Health. BABB will take place during Project Health’s Alcohol Awareness Week, so students will learn about the effects of alcohol while playing bingo and giving back to their community.

Students unable to attend BABB can still support BABH by donating canned goods at any of the large bins located around campus. To learn more about BABH visit http://www.beatauburnbeathunger.com/index.html.