Students showcase talent at Fall Arts Stroll

University of Alabama students showcased their artwork at Wednesday afternoon’s Fall Arts Stroll, displaying various forms of art along the Crimson Promenade.

“The purpose of the event is to engage student artists with their peers and showcase the amazing talent that we cultivate here at the University,” said Chase Sanders, a senior majoring in music administration and intern for Creative Campus. “We are hoping that student artists will gain more exposure, and we also hope to spark creativity among the students at the Capstone.”

Addie Bickhart, a sophomore majoring in political science, attended the event.

“We have a lot of individualistic people here,” Bickhart said. “They show it through their art. It’s nice to see expression from an artistic point of view instead of just sports.”

The Fall Arts Stroll did not contain one specific form of art, rather a variety of different forms of art such as photography, paintings, sculptures, and human sketches the students on campus created for viewing.

“We wanted to provide student artists with a way to showcase their artwork or crafts for other students to see,” said Will Pylant, a junior majoring in political science and SGA vice president of the Student Affairs.

Sara Rogan, a sophomore majoring in psychology, volunteered to display her art.

“It makes you feel motivated to participate in things like this in the future,” Rogan said.

Due to University rules, however, students were not able to sell their art during the event, but they could distribute cards if someone was interested in their work.

Alexander Cruz, a junior majoring in photography and graphic design, displayed his photography for the first time at the Fall Arts Stroll and had someone ask about buying his photos.

“It makes you feel good when someone wants to buy your art,” Cruz said.

The Fall Arts Stroll also displayed the top 10 carved pumpkins from the ROTC pumpkin carving contest, and students picked their favorite from those 10.

SGA, Creative Campus and Creative Co-op hosted the Fall Arts Stroll.