Announcements for 3/12/2010

Time change on Sunday

Daylight saving time is 2 a.m. on Sunday. Remember to move your clock ahead by one hour.

Spring Break Transit Schedule:

Thursday night was the last night for 348-RIDE and 348-RIDE Express until after Spring Break.

Regular Crimson Ride Bus Service will suspend operations for Spring Break at 7 p.m. Friday and will resume at 7 a.m. on March 22. 348-RIDE Service will resume at 9 p.m. on March 21.

Creative Campus intern applications due Friday

Creative Campus is now accepting applications for its 2010-11 intern class. Creative Campus seeks students representative of all 13 UA colleges and is open to both undergraduate and graduate students. Interns are given a unique opportunity to serve UA and our community by developing innovative ways of approaching art, education, economy and leadership through collaborative student-driven project development and implementation. Applications are available at creativecampus.ua.edu and are due by midnight Friday.

Ferguson Center closing for spring break

The Ferguson Center will close on Friday at 7 p.m. for spring break. The building will reopen on March 21 at 10 a.m.

Parking registration begins March 22

Parking registration for students for 2010-2011 will begin on March 22. The timeframe for students to register for parking is the same as their timeframe to register for classes. Students who register as soon as possible during their registration time will receive priority based on class hours completed. Please note that some zones have changed.

Bama Dining campus dining survey available

Bama Dining is conducting a survey to better understand the campus lifestyle and preferences. By students sharing their thoughts, Bama Dining will gain insight to help improve the overall campus dining experience. This online survey will take 5 to 10 minutes and your responses are confidential. The survey can be found at http://www.college-survey.com/ualabama.

Foster Auditorium parking changes

Beginning March 13, the following parking changes will be in effect for the remainder of the spring semester.

-Parking in the Burke lot will be limited to approximately 32 spaces. Entry will be from Sixth Avenue only. The gate from Hackberry Lane will be closed.

-Parking for brown residential permit holders and green faculty-staff will be expanded to include all of Hayden-Harris, all of Farrah, all of the lot at the southwest corner of Bryant Drive and Hackberry Lane, all of the lot west of the Baptist Student Union building and east of the park, and the lot south of the Aquatic Center.

-Parking for commuters will be eliminated at the Baptist Student Union area. Commuters who have been parking in this area may park at the Bryant Drive lot or Coleman Coliseum.

Additional changes to parking in the area will be announced as construction continues. These additional changes are not expected until early May. For a map of the affected area, visit http://bamaparking.ua.edu/images/special-maps/parking-changes-near-foster-rev-2-10.pdf

Creative Campus hosts inaugural Druid City Arts Festival

The UA Creative Campus announces the inaugural Druid City Arts Festival. DCAF will be held on March 27, 2010 on the City Fest Lot in downtown Tuscaloosa.

DCAF is a multifaceted regional music and arts festival located at the City Fest Lot of downtown Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The daytime portion of DCAF will begin at 2 pm and feature live music, artists, food and beverage vendors, and children’s activities. DCAF will center around one main stage with performances by six bands representing a range of musical genres with a focus on local and regional original music.

The festival is free and open to the public from 2 pm – 9 pm in the city fest lot. For more information contact Creative Campus at 205-348-7887, visit www.creativecampus.ua.edu, or email [email protected]