UA Student to Find Love on CMT’s Reality Show

Two words: The Bachelorette. It’s one of the most popular TV reality shows for girls since America’s Next Top Model. But this Thursday, July 14, CMT will be premiering it’s own version of the reality dating show: Sweet Home Alabama.

And the starlet who will be attempting to find true love? The University of Alabama’s own Devin Grissom.

Grissom is a junior majoring in public relations and a member of Phi Mu sorority from Cordova, Tenn., (ironically, Grissom is not from Alabama, despite the implications of the show’s title) who will be choosing between ten “city slickers” and ten “country boys,” ages 21 to 25, throughout the show to eventually take home to mom and dad.

“I am ready to fall in love,” Grissom said in the show’s trailer. “I hope these guys have what it takes.”

In this “north-versus-south” show, the country boys and city boys will compete in various tasks that will determine how much time they get to spend with Grissom.

According to an interview online with Amanda Bacon, the woman who leased her house to CMT for them to use as a set, “It’s an endurance test, is what it is. And there’s real tension between the Northern guys and the Southern. They don’t talk to each other.”

In the end, however, Devin will say goodbye to one or more of her suitors per episode in the hopes of finding Mr. Right.

The show consists of eight one-hour episodes filmed in Point Clear, an affluent area on the Eastern side of Mobile, Ala.

The series begins at 8 p.m. Central Time Thursday.