Two players suspended for violating team rules

University of Alabama head football coach Nick Saban announced last night that both Keiwone Malone and Darrington Sentimore have been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules and policy.

Malone was highly recruited out of Mitchell High School in Memphis, Tenn., ranking No. 92 in ESPNU’s 150 list of top prospects. During his high school career, Malone accounted for 4,034 yards on 209 receptions and scored 57 touchdowns. Malone was a two-time first-team All-State selection in Tennessee and was the Crimson Tide’s first commitment of the 2010 class. The 5-foot-11 165-pound receiver was redshirted during his freshman year and was expected to bring a deep threat to Alabama’s receiving core this season.

As a freshman in 2010, Sentimore played in 11 games and totaled nine tackles and a forced fumble. Sentimore was highly recruited from Destrahan High School in La. and was rated a member of the Rivals 250 list for 2010.

In his first colligate game, Sentimore tallied two tackles and forced a fumble during last season’s game against San Jose State. Sentimore was thought to be a challenger for playing time on Alabama’s defensive line.

UA also announced that safety Robbie Green who was suspended all of 2010, will not be returning to the team this season.