Ain’t no thing but a summer fling

Well, that was awkward.

And the next head softball coach for the University of Alabama will be… Patrick Murphy? The same Patrick Murphy who just left the Crimson Tide for its much-hated rival LSU? Am I the only one here who feels dumped?

Murph, you need to sell the rights to this one to Hallmark. You’d make a killing.

I see it now: Guy has girl. Guy and girl go through turmoil on way to an excellent relationship. Things are getting good, however, girl leaves guy for new stranger for no apparent reason. Finally, the girl realizes that her infatuation for the stranger is only based on selfish lust, and she returns to her old relationship.

Seriously though, what is this, a high school romance? What now? How does the University know that Murphy won’t bolt again? I understand the argument that Murphy came to a realization that Alabama is the school for him, but it is not easy to forget that he was about to pull a Benedict Arnold.

Apparently Les Miles is not the only one who thinks the grass is greener at LSU.

I don’t want to come down too hard on Murphy. I have a lot of respect for the man, and what he has done for this university is nothing short of remarkable. That is what makes this near departure hurt a little more.

Coach Murphy, Alabama needs you. The fans, the ones that you call the best in America, they need you. The players you recruited, the girls that gave their blood and sweat for you, they need you. The community that rallied behind this team during a natural disaster, they need you.

I hope it is true; I hope coach Murphy really came to the realization that he has something special here at The University of Alabama. I hope that he returns a strong team of returning players back to Oklahoma City next year. I hope he not only wins a championship, but multiple ones.

Coach Murphy, you made the right decision. What you have accomplished at The University of Alabama is nothing short of amazing, but you still have much more to accomplish here. Sure, you might have put fans through a confusing, rollercoaster weekend. You might have riled a few people and sports editors up, but I assure you, I speak for everyone connected to Alabama softball when I say we welcome you back 100 percent.

It is time to put this entire thing behind us and focus on recovering from back-to-back heartbreaking losses in the NCAA Tournament. It’s time for you to get back to what you do best, building a constant champion. You are something that this University, this community counts on, so it’s time to decide.

Do you like us?… Check yes or no.