Road closures to affect weekend traffic

Several road closures may affect commutes and traffic flow this Friday and Saturday, according to an email sent to students on Wednesday.

The City of Tuscaloosa will host the USA Triathlon Collegiate Club National Championship on Friday, April 21. Due to this, the following roads and walkways will be closed from 6 a.m – 2 p.m.:

• The section of Jack Warner Parkway from 28th Avenue to McFarland Boulevard
  • On and off ramps at McFarland Boulevard and Jack Warner Parkway
  • The section of 28th Avenue from Jack Warner Parkway to University Boulevard
  • The section of the Tuscaloosa Riverwalk from the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater to the River Market

Similar closings will then take place on Saturday, April 22 from 5 a.m. – 6 p.m.:

• The section of Jack Warner Parkway from 28th Avenue to Crescent Ridge Road
  • The section of Paul Bryant Bridge from Jack Warner Parkway to Rice Mine Road Northeast
  • The section of the Tuscaloosa Riverwalk from the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater to the Boathouse at Manderson Landing

The email also reminded students that traffic for the Golden Flake A-Day Game on Saturday will be affected by the road closures – likely as early as 8 a.m.

Starting at 11 a.m., shuttle services will be available to the stadium for A-Day attendees who park at the University Mall and the Intermodal Facility downtown. Services are scheduled to continuously run until 90 minutes after the game.

As for parking on campus, Crimson Ride buses will run from the east side of campus toward the stadium starting at 11 a.m., as well.

“Public parking for A-Day is free and available on a first-come, first-served basis on campus,” the email said.

For more information regarding A-Day parking and traffic, readers should visit http://www.uagameday.com/a-day-info.php.