Week of Welcome events to begin

The Week of Welcome takes place from Thursday, Aug. 19 through Thursday, Aug. 27.  CW | Shelby Akin

Ellen Johnson

Welcome Back Breakfast/Thursday Aug. 20, 7 a.m./ Ferguson Plaza – The SGA will pass out free Dunkin’ Donuts breakfast beginning at 7 a.m. in the Ferguson Plaza. Students are invited to stop by the Ferguson Center on their way to class and grab a treat.

Crimson Compass/Thursday Aug. 20, 7 a.m.- 3:30 p.m./ The Quad – Beginning today at 7 a.m., Crimson Compass volunteers will be stationed around campus to answer any questions new students may have about the geography of our large campus. If you need help finding your classes or have any questions about campus, look out for Crimson Compass 
volunteers on the quad for assistance.

Late Night at the Ferg: Onyx/Friday Aug. 21, 7 p.m./ Ferguson Center – The Black Student Union and University Programs presents Late Night at the Ferguson Center: Onyx this Friday at 7 p.m. This late night program will showcase events hosted by different cultural and Greek organizations on campus. Events include games, a gospel show, a fashion show and performances by Greek organizations to finish the evening. Food will also 
be provided.

Fun at the Rec/Sunday Aug. 23, 8 p.m./ UREC/SACPV – WOW will host a night of Fun at the Rec this Saturday at 8 p.m. Come down to the Student Activity Center at Presidential Village for a high-energy night of music, food, dancing and experiencing all that the Recreation Center has 
to offer.

Get on Board Day/Tuesday Sept. 4 5:30-9:30 p.m./ Ferguson Plaza – Week of Welcome concludes with a favorite event among UA students, Get on Board Day (GOBD). GOBD will showcase a variety of organizations, departments and vendors, giving students an opportunity to check out all that the University has to offer. Organizations such as club sports teams, political groups, service clubs and religious groups will all be present and excited to recruit new students to get involved. GOBD is a great way for both new and returning students to discover new ways to get involved on campus.