Announcements for 4/26/2010

Corolla accepting applications Corolla yearbook is accepting applications for its 2010-11 staff. Positions include assistant editor, design editor, Web/multimedia editor, business manager, staff writer, photographer and designer. Contact 2010-11 Corolla editor Kathleen Buccleugh at [email protected], or visit joincorolla.wordpress.com for job descriptions and to apply.

Summer student account confirmation due by April 30 Students are required to confirm their schedules for Summer 2010 by Friday, April 30 on myBama. Payments can be made via phone, myBama or in-person. Summer schedules will be cancelled if they are not confirmed.

Course evaluations now on myBama Beginning this semester, paper course evaluations will no longer be collected in class, marking the final stage of the transition to a new, online Student Opinions of Instruction system that began in fall 2008. Students are invited to complete questionnaires via the online system between now and May 2. Reports for faculty and administrators will be available after May 11. Students, faculty and administrators may access the system by logging into myBama and clicking on the Student Opinions of Instruction box on either the student, faculty or employee tabs. For more information, visit studentopinions.ua.edu/news.

Register now for fall Get On Board Day Registration for the fall Get On Board day has started. Departments can register via e-mail to Alex Karagas. Organizations can register via myBama at SOURCE, which can be accessed by clicking on the “Campus Life” tab. Under their profiles, organizations should click on “Tools” then “Forms.” Priority registration deadline is May 7 at 4:45 p.m., with cost being $15 per organization and $20 per department. The official deadline is Aug. 20 at 4:45 p.m., with cost being $20 per organization and $25 per department. Payment must be made at 355 Ferguson Student Center (Student Involvement and Leadership).

Summer on-campus housing available Summer housing applications are available on myBama. All students are eligible to live on campus during the summer as long as they are enrolled for the fall. Students do not need to be enrolled in summer classes to live on campus. More information: Housing and Residential Communities at 348-6676.