Student dies in dirt-biking accident

University of Alabama student, friend, boyfriend, brother and son died Monday after a dirt biking accident in Tupelo, Miss., while visiting family over the weekend.

Jonathan Brown, 20, was a resident of Norwalk, Conn., graduate of Brien McMahon High School and UA junior majoring in finance at the University. Brown is survived by his parents, Catherine and David Brown, and two brothers, Austin and Ryan Brown.

After being airlifted to Memphis Regional Medical Center on Sunday due to a coma, Brown later passed away on Monday in the presence of his family, friends and girlfriend, Sarah Pasqualini.

Brown and Pasqualini were high school sweethearts and followed each other from Connecticut to Alabama for college. She said Brown loved nothing more than his family and friends.

“Jon was the most loving, caring and hard working person I’ve ever met and my genuine soulmate,” Pasqualini, a UA junior, said. “I can never repay him for the amazing years he has given me.”

Alex Norton, a UA junior and Pasqualini’s sorority sister, met Brown through his girlfriend. Norton said she always noticed how caring and considerate he was to Pasqualini.

“We may have lost Jon here, but we all know that he will look over all of us up in heaven,” Norton said. “They are so truly lucky to have him. He is now our angel looking down on us, to guide us through in times of need.”

Eric Dunheimer, Brown’s roommate freshman year, said he was a great guy who was a lot of fun to be around.

“He was a great best friend,” Dunheimer said. “I’ll miss him.”

Maggie O’Connell, a junior majoring in accounting, had many of the same classes with Jon and became close friends with him.

“Jon had all the qualities that you looked for in a friend,” O’Connell said. “He was smart, funny and honest, but above all else, he was truly kind.”

O’Connell said Brown had a strength of character that is rare in anyone, especially a 20-year-old boy.

“Jon had the best laugh in the world,” O’Connell said. “It was booming and loud, but mostly, it was contagious. He was so filled with joy that it was impossible to be around him and not have a good time.”