The future of sports desk

After the amazing weekend Alabama athletics had, there has been no better time to be an Alabama sports fan. There has also been no better time to be a reporter covering Alabama athletics. The storylines are endless and readers are always begging for fresh content.

But this column is not to brag about how great Alabama athletics is because you already know that. This column is intended to let you, the readers, know that CW sports is committed to bringing you the best coverage of Alabama sports possible.

We showed our ability to cover major Alabama sporting events with our work during the football and gymnastics national championship runs.

We showed we have the ability to provide in-depth coverage of various sports on campus, ranging from softball and baseball to rowing and tennis.

We also showed the ability to provide updates and handle breaking news with our work during the men’s basketball season.

We give readers an inside look into the lives of athletes and show that athletes are just like regular students with our feature stories and Q&As with star athletes on campus.

Next year, we will take it to another level and give readers even more coverage than they’ve come to expect. Myself, along with Marc Torrence, Zac Al-Khateeb and the rest of the sports staff are committed to providing a great service to our readers.

Along with game coverage, previews and feature pieces, we will do more live blogging and allow you, the readers, to give your thoughts on our coverage. Through social media, we will allow readers to ask questions about Alabama football and other sports and give our expert analysis on a wide range of topics.

This is not intended to waste your time by telling you what we are going to do or make promises, but to show our level of commitment to providing you, the readers, with quality Alabama sports coverage not found any where else.

If at anytime next year, you, the readers, feel we aren’t meeting your sports needs, I am only a tweet (@Marq_Burnett, @CWsports) or an email ([email protected]) away.