Travel Guide: Things to do in Dallas if you're not going to the game

If you’re one of the lucky few who got tickets to the game versus USC this weekend, congratulations. Make the most of the expensive plane ticket with one of these other fun activities.

Dallas Panic Room

$25 a person, prebooking recommended

9.1 miles from AT&T Stadium

texaspanicroom.com/dallas

Escape rooms are an exercise in teamwork and good-natured yelling at each other to solve complex puzzles and “escape the room”. The Dallas Panic Room currently features museum heist, abandoned school and zombie apocalypse themed rooms.

Top’O’Hill Terrace

Free, with available $10 tours

3.7 miles from AT&T Stadium

topohillterrace.com

Known as ”Vegas before Vegas”, the park carried a long history of gambling in the 30s and 40s before it was converted into the site of Arlington Baptist College. It boasts tunnels and speakeasies from its gambling days in a beautiful green park.  The terrace is a great morning spot.

Humperdinks

$10-20

Less than a mile from AT&T Stadium

humperdinks.com

Humperdinks is an American burger joint local to the Texas area open until 2 a.m. on the weekends with a full bar. The restaurant offers shuttles to and from the stadium.

Milo’s Bar

Depends; about $3 a drink

1.1 miles from AT&T Stadium

milosbararlington.com

Conveniently located for an after-game party, Milo’s has cheap drinks, and is open 7 p.m. – 2 a.m. Reminder: there is Uber service in Dallas.

Pioneer Restaurant

$10-20

2.8 miles from AT&T Stadium

pioneerrestaurant.com

Locally owned since 1982, this lunch spot offers Tex-Mex food and a diner atmosphere. The Pioneer restaurant is open 6 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Arlington Museum of Art

$5 for students

1.1 miles from AT&T Stadium

Arlingtonmuseum.org

The Arlington Museum of Art hosts a major rotating exhibit in addition to several permanent smaller ones. The gallery is currently showing “Ulterior Motifs no.14,” an exhibit about contemporary art in Texas.

Alley Cats

$10-30

6.7 miles from AT&T Stadium

alleycatsbowl.com

Alley Cats features bowling, an arcade, and two stories of lazer tag to battle it out with your friends after the game. It’s also open to 2 a.m. on weekends.

K1 Speed

$20

1.8 miles from AT&T Stadium

k1speed.com

K1 Speed is a go-cart racing center that’s open late on weekends. Celebrate the Crimson Tide smashing USC by smashing your friends into the wall!