Derrick Henry, A'Shawn Robinson declare for 2016 NFL Draft

On Friday, juniors Derrick Henry and A’Shawn Robinson declared their intentions to forego their final year of collegiate eligibility and enter their names into the 2016 NFL Draft. 

Henry received a late second-round grade, but said he expects to make the first round.

“I feel like I’m part of the first round,” Henry said. “That’s by what I’ll do at combine and in interviews. There is no doubt in my mind that I’ll be in the first round.”

Robinson received a mid-to-late first round grade, but he didn’t receive it the traditional way. He said he was told NFL teams liked his ability to stop the run when he is on defense.

“Coach Saban talked to coaches and stuff for me to see where they would draft me,” Robinson said. “I didn’t think it [the decision] was tough. Coach Bo [Davis] and coach [Nick] Saban done everything to prepare me for the situation.”

Robinson said he plans on returning to school to finish his education in the offseason. In the meantime, he is going to cherish the time he has left on campus with his teammates.

Henry said he has yet to select an agent, and thought hard about the decision after discussing it with his family. Asked for a desired destination, Henry named the Dallas Cowboys.

“I just feel like it’s a great organization,” Henry said.

Henry’s and running back Kenyan Drake’s departure will leave a space for current freshmen running backs Bo Scarbrough and Damien Harris to fill.

“I’m very confident (in those guys),” Henry said. “They’ve gotten better and better as the season went along. Coach [Burton] Burns will have those guys right.”

The Crimson Tide has a more depth at the defensive line position so Robinson’s replacement will likely be someone the fans are a little more familiar with. Robinson said it was nice to end his collegiate career as a champion.

“Yeah, it was great going out as a champion and, you know its just something awesome,” Robinson said. “We were 0-2 in the bowl season my first two years here and to win a bowl and a national championship is just amazing.”