Students pick their favorite songs

On a daily basis, students walk through campus with their headphones in. Whether they’re walking to class, to their car, or back to their dorm, different types of music are coming through their headphones. So what are students listening to? We asked five people what they were listening to.

“Cheerleader” by Omi – “The song is so upbeat and has a happy beat to it. It’s a fun song to listen to,” said Morgan Patrick, a sophomore majoring in Chemical Engineering.

“Jessie’s Girl” by Rick Springfield – “Jessie’s Girl is a classic. I heard it earlier on the radio and wanted to listen to it again,” said John Weber, a sophomore majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

“Jordan Belfort” by Wes Walker – “Well, I’m done with class, and it’s the weekend. The song gets me excited to go out with my friends,” said Anna Lee Price,a  junior majoring in Psychology.

“Cool for the Summer” by Demi Lovato – “I love this song. It has an upbeat feeling and makes me walk faster to get to class. It’s also just fun to listen to,” said Caleigh Newberry, a freshman majoring in Telecommunication and Film.

“Pretty Girls” by Dierks Bentley – “Honestly, this is just what came next on my playlist. It’s a chill song though. It reminds me of my hometown and going to country concerts over the summer,” said Hayden Hessler, a sophomore double majoring in Accounting and Finance.