Student organization encourages positivity

RAK Week serves as a full week celebrating kindness.

“On the surface, it’s a week dedicated to performing simple acts of kindness,” said Kelsey Gryniewicz, Random Acts of Kindness Foundation communications director. “But really, it’s an opportunity to make kindness the norm instead of the exception.”

Gryniewicz said this year RAK Week is focusing on filling social media with kindness. She encouraged people who are interested in getting involved with RAK Week to perform their own acts of kindness, post them on social media and share their posts using #RAKWeek2015. Posts using #RAKWeek2015 by Feb. 15 will help RAK meet their goal of 100,000 documented acts of kindness on social media.

“RAK Week is a week devoted to promoting kindness both on campus and in the community,” said Ellen Benes, communications director of Crimson Kindness and a 
sophomore majoring in mathematics. “Crimson Kindness’ job is to spread awareness about the week and to provide kindness opportunities for our members. The goal of the initiative is to get as many people as possible to engage in random acts of kindness, therefore creating an atmosphere of kindness.”

The goal of RAK Week 
is to make an impact on 
the community.

“One of our main goals as an organization is to make people’s days a little brighter,” said Rachel Bower, media marketing director of Crimson Kindness and a junior majoring in marketing and Spanish. “College can be a difficult place at times, filled with a lot of stress and anxiety, but we believe that the spreading of kindness can help to alleviate those difficulties.”

Anyone interested in participating in RAK Week is encouraged to get involved through social media.