A capella group to have concert

A capella group to have concert

Allyson Azar, a senior majoring in music and No Strings Attached president, said the group has been hard at work in rehearsals since September working on new songs to sing.

“We are performing all kinds of different music at the show, from ‘Radioactive’ to ‘Chandelier,’” she said.

The group formed three years ago and has been growing ever since.

Connor Dugan, a junior majoring in biology and the group’s musical director, runs rehearsals twice a week. He said the show is worth seeing and provides a study break during the end-of-the-semester crunch.

“It’s a chance for people to get out of their rooms and experience something different during those monotonous last weeks of the semester,” he said. “It will definitely be something to keep everyone excited and having fun.”

No Strings Attached has open auditions at the beginning of the fall semester following tabling at Get on Board Day. Dugan said the group often also holds auditions in the spring. Time and dates for auditions are posted on the group’s Facebook page.

Axar said the group is ready to show off the pieces they have been working on.

“We have some very cool stuff this year along with a couple of arrangements we did ourselves and encourage everyone to come see what we’re all about,” she said.

There is no charge for admission to the concert, but the group is accepting donations with a portion of proceeds benefiting the Children’s Miracle Network through UA Dance Marathon.