Announcements for 6/24/2010

Correction

In the Thursday, June 16 edition of The Crimson White, a story provided erroneous times for the Zumba group exercise class offered by the University’s Recreation Center. The correct days and times for the class are as follows: Sundays at 4:30 pm, Mondays and Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, Tuesdays 5:30 pm, and Fridays noon (for Aquatic Center members only).

The Crimson White regrets the error and is happy to set the record straight.

Dean’s List Students Named for UA Spring Term

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – A total of 5,783 students enrolled during the 2010 spring semester at The University of Alabama were named to the Dean’s List with an academic record of 3.5 (or above) or the President’s List with an academic record of 4.0 (all A’s).

The UA Dean’s and President’s List recognizes full-time undergraduate students. The list does not apply to graduate students or undergraduate students who take less than a full course load.

UA Engineering Student Receives NASA Aeronautics Scholarship

Chase Leibenguth, a senior in aerospace engineering at The University of Alabama, recently received a NASA Aeronautics Scholarship. The NASA Aeronautics Scholarship Program fosters new generations of highly skilled scientists and engineers in critically important areas of the aeronautics field.

UA Museum Expedition Uncovers Post-Civil War History

Participants of the 32nd annual University of Alabama Museum Expedition are uncovering the remnants of the historic house site of Josiah and Amelia Gayle Gorgas in Brierfield. A rolling iron mill at the site received iron from the restored Brierfield furnaces situated about three miles away. The furnaces were destroyed by Union troops in the spring of 1865 but were quickly reconstructed after the war during the industrial boom of the post war era.