Announcements for 4/28/2010

CORRECTION

In the April 26 edition of The Crimson White, an individual was misidentified in a photograph accompanying “Despite weather, poetry festival draws crowds” on page 13. The person incorrectly identified as Emily Tipps should have been identified as Alexis Orgera. The CW regrets the error and is happy to set the record straight.

Briefs

Corolla accepting applications

Corolla yearbook is accepting applications for its 2010-11 staff. Positions include assistant editor, design editor, Web/multimedia editor, business manager, staff writer, photographer and designer. Contact 2010-11 Corolla editor Kathleen Buccleugh at [email protected], or visit joincorolla.wordpress.com for job descriptions and to apply.

Opt-in system for football tickets open

Students can opt-in to the sale of football tickets for Fall 2010 on MyBama through Friday at 4:30 p.m. CDT. Students must confirm that they are interested in purchasing tickets before Friday in order to purchase tickets in June. The University will e-mail students with their purchase dates from May 24-28.

UA geography student wins bizarre map competition

Chris Brown, a senior majoring in geography, won first place in the Bizarre Maps contest sponsored by the National GeoTech Center. His map depicted a bayou in Louisiana in the shape of an alligator’s head.

Summer student account confirmation due by April 30

Students are required to confirm their schedules for Summer 2010 by Friday, April 30 on myBama. Payments can be made via phone, myBama or in-person. Summer schedules will be cancelled if they are not confirmed.