UA Starbucks to host holiday tasting

University of Alabama students don’t have to wait until Christmas break to take advantage of holiday treats with Starbucks and Bama Dining hosting a Holiday Open House at the Ferguson Center Starbucks. Free samples of holiday pastries and beverages will be served at the open house on Wednesday, Dec. 5 from 5 to 7 p.m.

Eric Harrison, a junior majoring in marketing, visits Starbucks frequently and is planning to attend the event.

“I always get a cup of coffee before class,” Harrison said, “but I’m going to the Starbucks Open House because I want to try their pastries. I have always heard good things about them.”

Additionally, students will be able to participate in the Starbucks Gift Exhibition. 

“The gift exhibition is just a display of all of the Starbucks holiday merchandise and gift bundles for people to purchase as presents,” Kelsey Faust, marketing manager of Bama Dining, said.

“I am glad they are doing a gift exhibition,” Harrison said. “People in my family do drink lots of coffee. I may consider buying some of the Starbucks merchandise, depending on the price and how much I would get for that price.”

Students planning to attend the event are encouraged to bring a toy for donation. Students that bring a toy will be able to pick a card off the holiday tree, which can then be redeemed for various Starbucks products, including a free coffee or pastry.

The toys collected will be donated to a local charity, not necessarily Toys for Tots.

“I’ll definitely bring a toy because every kid deserves to have a toy on Christmas,” Harrison said. “I don’t remember a Christmas myself where I did not just grab all my presents and head to my room to play with them.”