Philanthropy event to be held at Sigma Nu

On Sept. 20, four greek organizations will host the Wings of Hope philanthropy event on Sigma Nu’s front lawn.

The event, which is hosted by Sigma Nu, Delta Delta Delta, Zeta Beta Tau and Alpha Delta Pi, will be held from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wings of Hope will include a live performance from Doctors and Lawyers, a wing-eating contest and Red Bull Girls handing out free materials.

Event sponsor Buffalo Phil’s is donating 2,000 wings, which will be used in the wing-eating contest.

Sponsors Red Bull, Guy Harvey and American Fishing Tackle Co. are donating gear as prizes for contest winners.

Guy Harvey T-shirts will be available for sale at the event. Proceeds will go toward the Guy Harvey Ocean foundation.

Julian Reed Hailey, chair of Sigma Nu Philanthropy, said having big name sponsors and four greek organizations hosting will bring in large crowd. He encourages students to attend.

“I feel it is important for people to attend, because all proceeds are going toward two great causes,” Hailey said. “It will also be a great time.”

Jordan Ross, vice president of the Zeta Beta Tau, Psi chapter, said the event will be “mega” and will benefit the charities.

“We will be able to donate a significant amount of money to these great causes,” Ross said.