My CW, an outlet for your content

The Crimson White has strived to be your voice in The University of Alabama community by asking hard questions, reporting in-depth, investigating at length and starting discussions. This past fall semester was certainly representative of that. Our news team covered many events on and off campus including the April 27 tornado, news of the SGA First Year Council scandal, the secretive voting bloc known as The Machine, The Game of the Century and subsequent Rematch of the Century.

We asked you too to get involved. You responded in kind, joining discussions on Twitter, commenting on Facebook posts, submitting story ideas online, tipping us off to breaking news on campus and writing letters to the editor. Nonetheless, we want to hear more from you — more of your perspectives and more of the news that matters most to you.

To help with these efforts, this week we’re launching My CW, a tumblog composed entirely of content contributed by no other than, you guessed it — you, The University of Alabama student. My CW invites you to share and publish news that matters to you with The Crimson White, and ultimately The University of Alabama community. That quirky sign you glimpsed at the basketball game — share it with us. The song you wrote after the Tide’s victory over the Tigers — we want to hear it. Your student organization’s community service project — we want to know more about it. We welcome art, music, photos, videos, written content and more.

We experimented with My CW during the week leading up to the BCS National Championship game and several students have already contributed content. Big Al standing guard in New Orleans, fans parading down Bourbon Street, LSU in lights and an up close and personal photo with Nick Saban are just a few of the photos we have already received. To see this unique student-submitted content from New Orleans and the BCS National Championship game, visit My CW online at mycrimsonwhite.tumblr.com. To submit content of your own visit mycrimsonwhite.tumblr.com, click the “Submit Your News” tab, complete the short form and send it our way. Your content will appear soon on My CW and we will feature the best student submissions in our print edition.

In addition to My CW, do not forget about the other ways to reach out and share your news with The Crimson White. Every week we will have a table, staffed by editors, interns and reporters, in the Ferguson Center. Our table at the Ferg is an excellent way to chat with the pens behind the stories, and the voices behind The Crimson White’s social media presence. Likewise, we welcome you to tweet us, chime in on thecrimsonwhite.com, comment on our Facebook and Google+ posts and send emails.

There has never been a better time to become involved with and contribute to your student newspaper. The Crimson White wants to hear from you whether it is in person or online.

Malcolm Cammeron is the community manager for The Crimson White.