Just buy alcohol another day

The CW opinions section deserves higher quality articles than “Tuscaloosa: unite for Sunday alcohol sales.” It is quite ironic that this article landed directly below Mr. Poole’s article, which points out that certain people don’t belong in college. It’s almost as if its author was trying to prove Mr. Poole’s arguments.

Another irony is that the author is majoring in communications. The wandering, rapid-fire delivery of arguments communicates little more than the fact that the writer’s writing skills rival that of an elementary student. On the topic of alcohol, it’s hard to believe that a student can take a three-day bender and wake up with no homework on Sunday. (I’m looking at you professors; we are here to learn something!)

However, if this is the case, then do what I do. Make a habit of going to the ABC store one day out of the week (not Sunday when [they’re] closed!) and buy a handle of whatever is the cheapest. That’s a next-level drinking maneuver.

Also the specious argument was made that this law is an affront to Catholics. Yet, true Catholics believe that they are actually consuming the blood of Jesus Christ and not wine, so there’s no moral dilemma there.

Besides, Tuscaloosa law prohibits the sale of alcohol, not its consumption. This law exists as a testament to the Christian background of the area’s residents; students are merely four-year guests. It also forces inexperienced alcohol abusers to dry out on Sunday. That’s smart!

If you’re not responsible enough to prepare for Sundays, then have fun with Call of Duty.

Jonathan Dallas Stein is a senior majoring in metallurgical engineering.