Here are all the essentials for Alabama baseball spectators

By Logan Doctson | Staff Reporter

While UA students identify fall with watching The Crimson Tide football team roll, spring time is associated by many with enjoying an afternoon outside watching UA’s baseball team. In 2016, the baseball team opened their Sewell-Thomas Stadium to the public. The state-of-the-art stadium seats up to 5,500 people and maximizes players’ and fans’ baseball experience. Here’s a list of tips to make the best out of this year’s baseball season.

Sunscreen

As the weather continues to get warmer, the sun burns brighter. Bring sunscreen to avoid getting sunburned while cheering on The University of Alabama’s baseball team.

Sunglasses 

Instead of spending your afternoon squinting at the baseball field because the sun is shining so bright, wear your favorite pair of stylish shades to keep the sun out of your eyes.

Hat 

Bringing a hat is yet another way to avoid the sun’s bright rays. Sport your favorite UA hat to block out the sun and even match the players. 

Baseball jersey 

For hardcore fans who want to show their love for the game, wearing a Crimson Tide baseball jersey along with a matching hat is a way to show full support for the baseball team.

Dress casually 

While spending an afternoon outdoors, fans want to be comfortable. If a jersey isn’t for you, any articles of clothing like shorts, t-shirts and a light jacket will have you prepared for the spring weather.

Rain jacket and umbrella 

To be completely prepared for all types of weather, be sure to bring a rain jacket and umbrella. Just in case the weather takes a turn for the worst, fans won’t have to leave the baseball game if they have rain outerwear. Additionally, The University of Alabama’s SupeStore locations sell Crimson Tide rain outerwear.

Lawn chairs 

For fans who sit in the right field terrace of the stadium, otherwise known as the student section, bringing lawn chairs will allow students to sit in the grass seating area without having to worry about getting grass stains on their clothes.

Money 

Take advantage of Sewell-Thomas Stadium’s fully stocked concession stand by bringing spending cash.

Refreshments 

For people who don’t want to carry money with them, bringing refreshments along is allowed in Sewell-Thomas Stadium. Audience members that bring their own refreshments can spend more time watching the baseball game and less time waiting in a line to get their food and drinks.

Cooler 

Bringing a cooler along will help keep your snacks and drinks as fresh as possible. However, only small personal coolers are allowed in the stadium. Additionally, baseball fans who are 21 or older and entering the right field terrace can bring up to six 12-ounce beer cans per person. Whatever type of refreshments fans may bring, a personal cooler is an easy, convenient way to transport food and drinks to and from the stadium.

Glove 

Lastly, be prepared to catch any foul or home-run baseballs by bringing a glove. Many baseball fans have a dream of catching a fly ball and bringing a glove can improve this chance.