Track by Track series: Stadium songs round out Capstone Woman’s list

“Track by Track” is a new series where students share their daily musical diets in a Spotify playlist. This is the second in the series. 

Oftentimes, it’s the music we’ve known the best and the longest that gets us through the day. 

For the president of Capstone Men and Women Alex Grady, a senior majoring in business marketing with a minor in educational studies, childhood favorites, heartful hits and stadium pump up jams are those songs that keep her moving. 

“Most of them are like my pump up songs,” Grady said. “For whenever I’m getting ready for anything or if I have a big day ahead, sometimes I’ll play different songs that’ll just get me excited for the day. It’s just like songs I love to listen to whether it’s throw back songs or songs I just know all the words to.”

Here’s what Grady said about her favorite picks. 

“Mr. Brightside” – The Killers

“‘Mr. Brightside’ is just my favorite song ever. Whenever they started playing that in Bryant-Denny, it was the best day of my life. So I’m always the loudest person in our section singing that song. It’s kind of silly but it’s just my favorite.”

“Chantaje” – Shakira / Despacito – Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee

‘Chantaje’ and ‘Despacito’ – the original Despacito, not the Justin Bieber one – those were two songs that we listened to when we went to Nicaragua for Alabama Greek Missions. So those two just always bring back all the memories from that trip and how much fun it was down there.”

“The Stand” and Oceans “(Where Feet May Fail)” – Hillsong United 

“The Hillsong songs are my go-to Jesus songs for whenever I need a little Jesus in my life.”

“‘Oceans’ is one of my favorite songs. It just talks about how the Lord is going to be there for you through whatever so it’s just always a good one to listen to for whenever I’m feeling down or I have a tough day ahead or I have a big interview or something. That’s one I just always constantly go to and just sing along with. It’s a long song, like seven minutes, but definitely a good one for sure.”

“Africa” – Toto

“That’s such a silly song, but it reminds me of my three best friends from home back in Iowa because that’s one of my friend’s favorite songs and she sings all the words to it. So every time I hear it I think of that first.”

“Cinderella” – Steven Curtis Chapman

“‘Cinderella’ is going to be my daddy/daughter dance at my wedding. I’ve loved Steven Curtis Chapman since I was like six. We didn’t listen to normal radio; we always listened to Christian radio growing up, so I don’t know like ‘Lip Gloss.’ I don’t know any of those songs. I didn’t learn them, like ‘Fergalicious,’ I don’t know them. So ‘Cinderella’ was my go-to.”

“Dixieland Delight” – Alabama

“It’s obviously just a classic Alabama song, although it was replaced by “Mr. Brightside.'”

spotify:user:thecrimsonwhiteculture:playlist:06tpxDdEdobrXrC3TB12IA