Hidden Gems: Freddy's Frozen Custard to open in Tuscaloosa

Today Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers will open its location in Tuscaloosa at 315 15th Street. 

Freddy’s is known for its steakburgers, shoestring fries and frozen custard offerings. The menu consists of a variety of steakburgers, hot dogs, fries, onion rings, fried pickles and many other all-American favorites. A unique offering at Freddy’s is the fry sauce, prepared as the perfect pairing with a heaping pile of fries.

“We like to say we’re a nice mix between a fast-food place and a full-service restaurant,” said Brian Pyle the Tuscaloosa Freddy’s franchise operator. “The price point is a great value for college students and families, but at Freddy’s, it’s as much about the dining experience as it is the food. We strive to offer genuine hospitality and solid service to go along with our cooked-to-order menu items and our frozen custard that is churned fresh several times throughout the day. Our focus on those aspects, as well as quality food, is what we feel sets us apart.”

Freddy’s was founded in 2002 by brothers Bill and Randy Simon and a friend, Scott Redler, who named the restaurant after the Simon brothers’ father, Freddy. The menu consists of classic American style meals, prepared fast for those who are looking for a quick bite to eat without sacrificing taste.

Freddy’s will be opening its doors today, ready to serve its burgers and fries to the people of Tuscaloosa.