Jam band to play Greekfest

This year’s headliner is Moe, a popular jam band that rose to popularity with bands such as Phish and Widespread Panic. Moe will be supported by Shwayze and Mother Funk.

Costa combines with the IFC (Interfraternity Council) to bring students the music they want to hear 
at Greekfest.

“The students choose the acts, and this is seventh year Costa has been involved,” said Todd Barker, Costa’s College Community Manager. “We partner alongside the IFC and we run 
the event.”

Greekfest is more than just a fun concert experience. Ticket proceeds will be split among two charity groups: the Billfish Foundation and a local charity, UA 
Greek Relief.

“The Billfish Foundation is a non-profit group dedicated to the conservation and protection of billfish and other game fish around the world,” said Barker.

While Costa sponsors the event, all proceeds go to the charity organizations, with over $300,000 raised to date.

“We get to attribute Costa to all these young people and encourage young people to get out in the outdoors and on the water,” Barker said.

Courtney Anderson, a sophomore majoring in MIS and management, attended the event last year and is looking forward to the new lineup this year.

“The bands were really fun and it was a great first week of school experience,” Anderson said. “I’m definitely looking forward to going again this year.”

All students are invited to come out and experience this musical event and help charity while 
doing it.

“It’s a party with a purpose,” Barker said. “Everyone is out there having a good time, hanging out with friends, listening to awesome music, while raising money for good causes. It’s very much a student event, and we [Costa] care a lot about it.”

Wristbands can be purchased online but must be picked up in advance from the Ferguson Center. Each student can purchase a maximum of three wristbands and must have their student IDs to pick them up. Gates open at 5:00 p.m., and Mother Funk takes the stage at 6:30 p.m.