Another Warmack commits to Tide, 2015 class

The Alabama Crimson Tide claimed its fourth commitment of its 2015 recruiting class in ESPN Junior 300 offensive lineman Dallas Warmack. Warmack, whose older brother is former Alabama standout Chance Warmack, committed to the Crimson Tide while visiting Tuscaloosa on Monday.

The Atlanta prospect chose to make his decision before his junior year so he can focus more on football and not have to fill his weekends with visits to various SEC institutions.

“It feels great, because I don’t have to go from school to school every weekend and try to find the right school for me,” Dallas said. “And since I’ve already committed, even if I get hurt, they will still honor my scholarship.”

ESPN’s Greg Ostendorf said Dallas has flown a bit under the radar, much like Chance did, but he has received more attention during his recruiting process.

The 6-foot-1-inch, 295-pound recruit from Benjamin E. Mays High School will look to continue the tradition of sound offensive linemen that the Crimson Tide has seemed to stockpile since Nick Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa.

Even though he is only a three-star recruit, Ostendorf said Dallas possesses the tools and traits offensive line coach Mario Cristobal wants in his linemen.

“He’s a solid player, has great footwork, a good initial step and good instincts,” Ostendorf said. “He’s a guy that can come in and work under the coaches, learn from coach Cristobal and develop as a player. I think he’ll develop into a solid player for Alabama one day.”

Ostendorf said Dallas was keen on making a decision sooner rather than later, and Alabama’s coaching staff helped seal the deal before he left campus Monday.

Saban, who spent Monday making his way through ESPN’s Car Wash, arrived just before Warmack left Tuscaloosa and was on hand to hear Warmack’s commitment.

Dallas was able to spend most of his time with Cristobal and said he looks forward to learning from him in two years.

“Coach Saban is a great guy. I’ve known him for six years now,” he said. “Coach Cristobal – meeting him was great. We watched film and talked for two hours. He’s a great guy.”

Dallas’ familiarity with the Alabama program ultimately led him to follow in Chance’s footsteps, but he spouted off a list of aspects that made his decision that much easier.

“It was the history, the coaching staff and knowing everyone at Alabama since I was 10 years old because of my brother,” he said.