Students receive discounts on variety of products

College expenses are on the rise, so many students are seeking ways to be thrifty in all areas. Whether it’s food, clothing, books or technology, discounts are always welcomed. By taking advantage of an enrolled status, college students can earn large savings from multiple companies.

1). Microsoft Office: Microsoft offers a student package titled “Office University” that provides college students with the Microsoft Office suite for only $99.99. The suite includes Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Powerpoint, OneNote and Publisher. List retail pricing runs from $349.99 to $499.99.

2). Adobe Suite: Adobe offers “Adobe Creative Suite Design Standard” for teachers and students that includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Bridge and Device Central for $299. The regular priced Creative Suite is priced $1,299, an 80 percent discount.

3). Amtrak train tickets: Whether you are in high school or college, Amtrak train company allows students aged 16-and-up to use a Student Advantage Discount card to save 15 percent on adult rail fees on most Amtrak trains across the U.S. The purchase price of the card is $20 with unlimited yearlong use.

4). General Motors: Any student enrolled in a two or four year school or recent college graduates of no more than two years are eligible for a GM College Discount. This discount allows eligible students to purchase any new 2011 and 2012 Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC vehicles at “Preferred Price”- a discounted price less than MSRP.

5). New York Times: For those who enjoy digital subscriptions to news sources but don’t enjoy the cost, the New York Times offers a special 50 percent discounted college rate that allows for unlimited access to their online website and New York Times apps.

6). Apple: Computers are a must for any college student, and Apple offers $100 discounts for 13-inch and 15-inch Macbook Pros for students that are either currently enrolled or have been accepted to a higher education institution.

7). Moe’s: The student special, also known as the “Joey Jr.” burrito is packed full of goodness– protein, black beans, pinto beans, rice, cheese and pico de gallo. All of this for a college sized budget of $5. Plus, you get unlimited chips and salsa!

8). Amazon Student: For those who love midnight shopping sprees, albeit online, Amazon.com allows students to experience preferred customer perks such as six months of free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime, free release date deliveries on media items such as DVDs, video games and books and exclusive discounts on products.

9). ACTion Card: A common item that often goes over looked is the student ID card. This useful resource allows students to receive discounts at stores ranging from 10 to 20 percent off purchases. Stores offering student deals with the ID card include Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Charlotte Russe, J. Crew, Juicy Couture, Steve Madden and Vineyard Vines.