SGA plans pep rally

The Student Government Association is launching the Turn It Up Tide Campaign to encourage students to show up and be loud during Saturday’s game against the LSU Tigers.

SGA has partnered with the Athletic Department to organize a pep rally on Friday at 8:00 p.m. at the Walk of Champions in front of Bryant-Denny Stadium.

The pep rally will include former Crimson Tide players and broadcaster Chris Stewart. The Million Dollar Band and Alabama cheerleaders will lead the crowd in cheers.

“Alabama is known for having one of the loudest stadiums in the country, but we recognize we can do even more to help support our team,” SGA President Stephen Swinson said. “From start to finish, we want our students to be in their seats and cheering as loud as they can for the Crimson Tide. Our team and coaches work hard, and we should do our part in the stands to help the Tide be successful on the field.”

“SGA is excited to help organize the pep rally to show that our student body is excited and is going to be even louder for Saturday’s football game against LSU,” said Peyton Falkenburg, SGA director of programming and advancement. “We appreciate everyone’s hard work that went into organizing this event. It’s certain to be a great time for all.”

The Turn It Up Tide Campaign will continue throughout the remainder of the year, and according to Communications Director Seth Morrow, not all future events will revolve around football. Other sports, such as basketball, might see similar events.

“We’re planning an away game bus for the Mississippi State game,” Morrow said. “It’s free as long as students provide a toy for Toys for T-Town.”