Tide looks to rebound this weekend at home

The Alabama soccer team returns home this weekend to face Southeastern Conference opponents Arkansas and LSU.

Head coach Todd Bramble said the Crimson Tide (6-6-2, 1-4-1 SEC) will not be making any drastic changes in the upcoming games.

“We just need to keep paying attention to the details that decide games in the conference at this level,” Bramble said.

Bramble said he isn’t worried about where the opposing teams are ranked, just how his team plays.

“We’re going to perform the best we possibly can on Friday night against Arkansas,” Bramble said. “After the game, we will start planning for LSU. We’re not going to do anything special. We’ve played a lot of ranked teams already, and after we play them, we will play several more teams like them.”

The Tide beat Arkansas (4-9-0) 2-1 and tied LSU (10-4-1) 0-0 on the road last year. Bramble said the team will have more confidence going into the games since they will be playing at home this year.

“I wish we would have handled ourselves on the road a little bit better so far, but I know we’re a really good team at home,” Bramble said. “We are looking forward to getting back on our home turf.”

Sunday’s game will feature the annual Alabama Soccer Power of Pink event. There will be pink giveaways, and cancer survivors and fighters will be honored at the game.

“It’s going to be really exciting,” freshman Theresa Diederich said. “We are going to come out and play the game for others that have struggled with cancer.”

The Tide went 0-2 on the road last weekend against South Carolina and Florida.

The team lost 4-1 to South Carolina on Friday night. South Carolina scored three goals in the first half of the game on Friday. Diederich scored the only goal for the Tide with a penalty kick in the 72nd minute.

The Tide continued their road trip to Florida and lost 4-1 on Sunday. Junior Kaitlyn Smith earned her first goal of the season. Senior Carly Mygrants earned her first assist on the pass to Smith.

The Tide faces Arkansas on Friday night at 8 p.m. and LSU on Sunday at 1 p.m. at the Alabama Soccer Stadium.