Playboy casts for ‘Girls of the SEC’

Representatives from ‘Playboy’ magazine will host a casting call in Tuscaloosa this weekend for its Girls of the SEC pictorial to be featured in the magazine’s October 2011 issue.

“I know it’s one of our most popular issues because it’s just the girl next door, which is the foundation of the magazine,” said Maria Hagen, a producer at ‘Playboy.’ “It’s someone you work with or someone in the community. It’s definitely a person that readers can relate to, not just a celebrity.”

Female candidates must be at least 18 years old and registered as a full- or part-time student at the University of Alabama. Photographers and representatives will meet with candidates on Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Hampton Inn.

Casting takes place over the course of two days, and during the second afternoon of casting producers will do callbacks for the photo shoot the following day.

“We could shoot a couple different scenarios and a couple different girls,” Hagen said. “We make sure to shoot lots of options, then we send the footage back to corporate headquarters. Ultimately, Mr. Hefner will decide the layout.”

At least one student from each of the 12 SEC schools will appear in the magazine. Hagen said in the past they have always had a good turnout of candidates who exhibit a lot of school spirit.

“We’re looking for a representative from each SEC school, someone smart and sexy, physically fit and energetic who will be able to represent the school well,” she said.

The last time girls from the Southeastern Conference were featured was the October 2007 issue. The magazine has featured annual college pictorials for 35 years, focusing on a different conference each year. Many girls who have appeared in the magazine have gone on to become Playboy playmates, models and actresses.

Any interested candidate who is unable to attend the casting call can email a recent, full-figure photo and a head-and-shoulders shot to [email protected].

Candidates should also submit basic biographical information, including year in school, course of study, sport and activity involvement, height, weight, measurements and contact information. They must also submit a document verifying UA enrollment and a copy of a photo ID that includes date of birth.

For more information or to schedule an appointment, visit playboy.com/SEC2011.