Announcements from 1/14/2010

Send your football photos to The CW today

The Crimson White is publishing the best student-submitted photos from the 2009 football season in Friday’s edition. Send your pictures along with your name, year and major to [email protected].

Championship celebration planned for Saturday

The University will celebrate the Crimson Tide’s 2009 National Championship on Saturday at 2 p.m. in Bryant-Denny Stadium. Gates will open at noon. The celebration will last approximately one hour. Admission is free. Block seating will not be available for students; seating is first-come, first-served. The first 50,000 fans entering the stadium will receive a poster of the championship team at the Rose Bowl. Coaches and players will not be available for autographs before or after the celebration.

Parking options and street closings will be similar to A-Day games. Streets on campus will close at approximately 11 a.m. on Saturday. Colonial Drive will be blocked off at 8 a.m. on Saturday, which means that students who park on Colonial will not be able to move their cars after that time.

More information is available at uagameday.com.

Comment on new Foster plaza design plans

The University is soliciting feedback from the community on the concept of a plaza at Foster Auditorium that will be designed to commemorate the events surrounding the “Stand in the Schoolhouse Door.” Online comments can be made through Jan. 15 by visiting the UA Web site at ua.edu and clicking on “Foster Auditorium Plaza Renovation” under Quick Links at the bottom of the page.

Honor society applications available, deadline extended

Applications for six different honor societies on campus are available. The Blue Key Honor Fraternity, the Anderson Society, Omicron Delta Kappa, the Mortar Board, Cardinal Key Honor Society and Lambda Sigma have applications posted at honorsocieties.ua.edu. The deadline has been extended to Jan. 24.

Homecoming associate director applications available

Associate director applications for Homecoming 2010 will be available on Jan. 13 during Get on Board Day at the University Union. Applications may also be found in the Student Government Association office. Completed applications are due Jan. 25 at 4:45 p.m. For more information, contact Erica Floyd.

Student Alumni Association accepting applications

The Student Alumni Association is now accepting applications for spring 2010. Applications are available at www.saa.ua.edu and can be submitted through the Web site. Applications are due Jan. 17. For more information, contact Jennifer DeFrance at 348-1553.