The next great column could be yours

Do you think Honors students should have maids to clean their dorm rooms? Is there any way to bridge the Old Money-New Money divide? Could Four Square really unite our campus?

The answers to these questions and more could be yours if you write for The Crimson White opinions page.

We are looking for talented and dedicated writers to serve on the staff for the 2011–2012 academic year. We hope to present columns that express a variety of perspectives on issues ranging from parking on campus to next year’s U.S. presidential primaries.

To fully engage students across this campus, we also need diversity — not just in perspective, but also in background, involvements, ethnicity and interests. The opinions section of our campus newspaper should not simply cater to one set of issues or one sect of students. Rather, it should be the representative voice for a dynamic and diverse university.

This is the open forum for conversation and dialogue that we hope to create next year.

Our newspaper wants to highlight big voices in these conversations. We want to showcase the best and most insightful writers this campus has to offer, and we want to do it every day of the week.

To apply for a position on our opinions staff, all you have to do is log onto jointhecw.wordpress.com by this Friday, April 1st. Who knows? The next great column could be yours.

Tray Smith is the opinions editor of The Crimson White.