HR department helps employees get organized

Human Resource Development is offering a training seminar on the GO System, Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to noon.

According to an event flier, “GO” stands for “Getting Organized” which is the main purpose of this seminar.

“The primary goal for this event is to provide tools and resources that help you become more focused, organized and productive,” said Teresa H. Faulkner, manager of HR development.

According to the flier, the seminar is presented by certified instructor, Karen Sladick, the tools provided during the 3.5 hour course will support the learning process and help people put ideas into action.

According to Faulkner, HR Development is the training and development component of Human Resources at the University.

“We offer access to learning experiences that promote performance improvement and professional development with the aim of facilitating organizational learning to help the University achieve its mission and vision,” Faulkner said. “Information and opportunities are available for new employees, current employees, managers and supervisors.”

According to Faulkner, the GO System session will address seven major issues that help significantly improve workplace results including establishing strong foundational habits, processing incoming items, prioritizing, using time rationally, effectively managing projects, understanding personality issues and understanding psychological issues.

“Ultimately, we hope to see those in attendance apply what they learn by putting the tools and techniques acquired into practice to benefit internal and external customers — working smarter for better results,” Faulkner said.

According to Faulkner, she met with Sladick through American Society for Training and Development last semester and was pleased to have the opportunity to discuss how her areas of expertise could benefit our campus community.

“Learning experiences such as these, promoting performance improvement among employees, ultimately benefit our student population,” Faulkner said. “We are very pleased with the interest expressed for this first time offering—registration is at full capacity.”