Local businesses to offer deals, specials for Tuscaloosa D.A.T.E. Week

With Valentine’s Day approaching, Tuscaloosa is celebrating the romance this week with D.A.T.E Week, an event during which participating businesses and restaurants will offer deals, specials and events. Many businesses, restaurants, babysitting services and florist shops will have discounts for couples or singles who want to treat themselves or a significant other to an evening out. D.A.T.E. Week will take place this week, today through Friday. The venues and restaurants providing entertainment activities or discounts for the event are listed below. 

Black Warrior Brewing Company – Tuscaloosa Sushi Class

The Black Warrior Brewing Company will host a Beginner Sushi Class from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Aspiring sushi chefs will learn how to make sushi rice and various sauces including eel sauce and BangBang. The price is the cost of two sushi rolls per student.

Bama Theatre – Bama Art House Film Series Winter 2018

The Bama Theatre will present the movie, “Maudie” at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday. “Maudie” is an unusual love story starring Ethan Hawke and and Sally Hawkins. Student tickets are $7 and regular tickets are $8.

Roxy’s – Roxy’s Mixology 101

Roxy’s will host a bartending course to teach couples how to make three popular cocktails. Attendees will be able to enjoy one of these cocktails and snack on a charcuterie tray at the end of the course. The cost is $10 per couple on Thursday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. 

Carpe Vino – Wine Tasting

Carpe Vino has selected five to six wines for couples to taste and enjoy for $10 per person. Wine tastings will take place Wednesday through Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Peterbrooke Chocolatier – “Forget Love, I’d Rather Fall in Chocolate!”

Peterbrooke Chocolatier is giving couples the chance to make their own candy bars every day of D.A.T.E. Week from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Couples can pick their own chocolate and toppings to use for their creations. The price is $30 per couple.

Druid City Music Hall – Corey Smith with Hudson Moore

Country singer, songwriter and guitarist, Corey Smith, will perform with fellow country artist Hudson Moore at the Druid City Music Hall on Thursday at 8:30 p.m. Advance tickets are $20 or $25 at the door. The event is open to all ages. Tickets are available at www.druidcitymusic.com.

A number of other restaurants are offering deals throughout the week. They are listed below. 

301 Bistro, Bar and Beer Garden is offering $10 off two entrees plus a free shared dessert.

At Ajian Sushi, customers will receive a free dessert roll with any purchase.

Diners at Chuck’s Fish can receive 25 percent off one appetizer.

Cravings Specialty Grocery is offering 10 percent off any single prepared dessert.

O’Henry’s Coffee is offering Mexican hot chocolate for $2 per couple.

At FIVE Bar, one can receive 25 percent off one appetizer. At FIVE Java, customers can buy one smoothie or coffee and get the second one 50 percent off.

Heat Pizza Bar is offering a $6 pepperoni or cheese pizza.

Frutta Bowls will serve bowls at 15 percent off the menu price.

Jim ’n Nicks is offering a free appetizer or dessert with the purchase of two entrees.

Monarch Espresso Bar is serving up a New Affogato special.

At UPerk, it’s $5 for a slice of pie and batch brew coffee or tea and $7 for a slice of pie and any espresso or specialty drink.

For more information about D.A.T.E. week and a complete list of events, you can visit the website www.ttowndateweek.com.