We're not done yet: 11 tips for post-spring break motivation

In the blink of an eye, the week we look forward to all year is over, and we suddenly find ourselves sitting at a school desk, feeling distracted and unmotivated. Here are some helpful tips on how to beat the mid-semester blues and keep the ball rolling until the end of the year.

Get back into your daily week routine

Starting your daily routine again will get you back on track. Knowing how, when and where you work best on your schoolwork will make it easier on yourself when it comes to completing tasks.

Develop alternative study places

As the weather gets warmer, find a quiet place outside or by sunlight to study. Sunlight increases energy.

Don’t procrastinate

After spring break, many students find themselves feeling lazy and unmotivated. Instead of waiting until the last minute to do your assignments, it is much easier to get them out of the way.

Mark your calendar of all upcoming schoolwork

Marking your calendar makes you physically aware of all the schoolwork that needs to get done in a timely manner. Otherwise, you might get lackadaisical. As everyone knows, there’s nothing more satisfying than being able to cross off the days on the calendar as a countdown.

Make a to-do list

By making to-do lists daily or weekly you will not forget any assignments, no matter how big or small they are. Put your hardest or most important task first to make sure you can complete it in enough time.

Plan “homework blocks” into your daily schedule

Have an hour or so between classes? Use that time to be productive.

Limit the time you spend on social media

Checking social media frequently is a natural habit for most. Limiting the time you spend on social media will give you more time to focus on your upcoming assignments.

Go to study groups

Going to study groups with other students in your classes will keep you accountable for all your assignments. You also won’t miss anything important from class.

Stay organized

It will be much easier to stay motivated if you know exactly where all of your school supplies are located, rather than having to dig through your dorm or apartment every time you start a new assignment.

Create goals

The idea of creating goals gives your mind something to work towards.

Reward yourself

There’s nothing wrong with treating yourself when you complete an important goal or task. Rewarding yourself can be a good tactic to keeping yourself motivated.