Egan’s hosts Birmingham band

Grandaddy Ghostlegs and Baak Gwai will bring their individual styles to Egan’s Bar Saturday at 11 p.m.

Originally from Birmingham, Grandaddy Ghostlegs finds its biggest influences and inspirations in its hometown’s music scene and from fellow band members themselves.

“Our biggest influences include Radiohead, the Vines, the Beatles, Pissed Jeans, David Bazaa, but more importantly, we are influenced by each other and our friends and the DIY community here in Birmingham, loud-ass amplifiers and making rad sounds,” Will Panter, bass guitarist for the band, said.

Grandaddy Ghostlegs uses its influences to create its own sound and vibe, which Panter calls drum-heavy, energetic and influenced by 1990s alternative rock.

The band features James Tisdale on guitar and vocals, Ryan Grayson on guitar, Panter on bass guitar and Jason Shubert on drums.

Grandaddy Ghostlegs was created in the days of the members’ youth and DIY venues, Panter said.

“James, Jason and I all went to Homewood High School together, where James and Jason started playing in bands at the age of 16, most notably Heavenly Days,” Panter said. “Back then, we would all go to shows at various DIY venues, including the legendary Cave 9, Green Cup Coffee, Magic City Wholesale, Firehouse –this is where we met Ryan, who is from Pelham, Ala.”

The band members said they are excited to play at Egan’s for the first time and hope to take part in the Homecoming and football festivities while visiting Tuscaloosa.

“We are all huge Tide fans and are coming in early on Saturday to go to the game and ‘Roll Tide Roll,’” Panter said.

Baak Gwai has been together since 2004 and, as for the choice in band name, bassist Adam Pate said a band member learned the slang term while working at a Chinese restaurant and it stuck.

“We tour all over Tuscaloosa but usually play at Egan’s,” Pate said. “Every band is a local band somewhere, and here, we are the locals.”

The show starts at 11 p.m. Saturday at Egan’s Bar on the Strip with no cover charge.