Soccer ends season with 3-1 loss to Arkansas

Coach Wes Hart and the Alabama Crimson Tide soccer team finished the season with a 3-1 loss to the Arkansas Razorbacks in Fayetteville on Thursday. Alabama has been eliminated from SEC Tournament contention and end the season at 5-12-2 (2-9 in the SEC).

Forward Katie Moore gave the Razorbacks a 1-0 lead nine minutes into the first period off an assist by midfielder Reese Christopherson, Moore’s third goal of the season. Christopherson would assist on another score at the 20-minute mark with defender Hannah Neece scoring the goal to give the Razorbacks a 2-0 lead.

The Crimson Tide got on the board before halftime with Kayla Mouton scoring her first goal of the season, pulling up from 20 yards and firing a shot high passing goalkeeper Cameron Carter. The Crimson Tide finished the period with three shot attempts, and goalkeeper Emily Rusk finished the period with three saves in her final game with the team. Sophomore Kat Stratton replaced Rusk at the start of the second period.

The Razorbacks added to their lead at the 59-minute mark when midfielder Claire Kelley dribbled the ball down the right side of the box and scored the goal off the far post just passing Stratton.

The Crimson Tide finished the second period with seven more shots bringing their game total to 10, with four shots on goal. Midfielder’s Auburn Mercer and Chatham DeProspo had two shots each with one reaching the goal.

This game marked the final game for seniors Emily Rusk, Kaylee Semelsberger and Abby Lutzenkirchen. Lutzenkirchen played 90 minutes in the game bringing her career total to 6,713 minutes in 75 starts. Early Thursday morning, she was selected to the CoSIDA/Capital One Academic All-District 4 First Team, the first player in Alabama soccer history to receive those honors in two consecutive seasons