Harbor Training session to show resources available to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking

The Women and Gender Resource Center will hold a Harbor Training session on Oct. 20 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in Room G54 of the Rose Administration building.

The session is targeted toward faculty, staff and graduate students in order to develop their knowledge of resources available to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking.

“This helps give them the tools they need to address interpersonal violence,” said Zoe Winston, peer education program coordinator for the WGRC. “It also gets students connected to the right resources if a student comes to them to report sexual assault, stalking or harassment situations.”

Harbor Training sessions are meant to give faculty, staff and graduate students the tools to help students who might have been victims or know victims, and to create safe spaces all over campus where students can receive assistance. The sessions are held three times a semester, according to Winston, and individual sessions can be held for individual organizations or faculty that may have missed previously scheduled ones.

Participants must register for the session, which is done through Skillport.