Music department to present UA Organ Spook-takular

Spooky sounds will be heard from the Moody Concert Hall on Oct. 16 for the Halloween-themed UA Organ Spook-takular.

The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. and features costumed performances from students in the School of Music. Those who attend are encouraged to come in costume and participate in Halloween activities in the lobby.

“There is nothing creepier than being blindfolded and being told you’re touching eyeballs,” Dr. Faythe Freese, professor of organ, said.

The show will feature organ pieces from Johann Sebastian Bach and Phantom of the Opera, as well as duets and fun songs, according to Tyler Canonico, a master’s student in the School of Music and one of the performers for the evening.

According to Canonico and Freese, Dracula and other spooky characters, played by music students, will be making appearances on stage. A light show and fog machine will help set the eerie mood.

After the show, audience members are welcome to come on stage and take a closer look at the organ.

“We want to introduce this king of instruments to the younger age who don’t all get to see it,” Freese said. “It’s two stories high, with over 5,000 pipes.”

Those interested in attending can purchase tickets online or at the box office before the show. General admission is $10, seniors are $5 and students are $3.