Cross country teams finish second and fifth at Cowboy Jamboree

The Alabama Cross Country team picked up a second place finish courtesy of the women, while running to a fifth place honor in the men’s category in the Cowboy Jamboree on Spet. 26.

The women, who competed in a 6K race, saw redshirt freshman Rachael Reddy finish first with fellow Crimson Tide teammate, senior Katelyn Greenleaf, finishing behind her at second. Reddy finished the race with an overall time of 21:02.3, with Greenleaf crossing the line closely behind her with a time of 21:09.3.

Reddy has now won both of the two collegiate races that she has competed in thus far in her career. Junior Hannah Waggoner clocked in at seventh overall with a time of 21:29.8, earning the Tide’s third top-10 finish in the race overall.

Outside of the three top ten finishes, Alabama saw senior Rebecca Stover cross the finish line with a time 21:46.3, earning a 13th place finish in the race.

The women finished second overall with 41 points, falling to winner Oklahoma State by only 2 points overall. Oklahoma State had four runners place in the top 10, finishing with 39 points in the meet.

The men’s team competed in an 8K competition, finishing fifth with a total team score of 131 points, with Oklahoma State finishing first overall with 40 team points. Junior Antibahs Kosgei was UA’s first finisher, clocking a time of 25:08.9, earning a seventh place overall finish.

The next runner to cross the finish line for Alabama was junior Robbie Farnham-Rose earning 20th place with a time of 26:00.8. Senior Eric Sivill and sophomore Garrett Bull finished 33rd and 34th overall in the race, being Alabama’s third and fourth finishers on the team.

The Alabama men and women’s team will compete on Friday, Oct. 16 in the Crimson Classic at Harry Pritchett Running Course.