Students pick their favorite Tuscaloosa restaurants

DePalma’s Italian Café

“You can get classic meals that are consistent, but they also give you the opportunity to customize your dishes in different ways every time you go. For example, you can order the breadsticks and get meatballs baked into them, made to order and super fresh. It’s amazing,” said Carrie Eaton, a junior majoring in theatre.

Mugshots Grill and Bar

“I love the wheat sourdough buns and how the fries are hand-battered, and the service is always exceptional. It’s somewhere my family and I always go when they visit, because they love it, too,” said Emily Giannars, a sophomore majoring in general health studies.

Surin of Thailand

“I love Asian food, and Surin is definitely the best in Tuscaloosa. I’m in love with their Pad See-U. I always get it with tofu and chicken,” said Becca Gregor, a junior majoring 
in accounting.

Jim ‘N Nick’s BBQ

“Jim ‘N Nick’s is located fairly close to campus and my apartment, and it never disappoints. I love their chicken sandwich,” said Jake Paris, a junior majoring in 
mechanical engineering.

The Avenue Pub

“Though their regular food is fantastic, my absolute favorite is Sunday brunch. My favorite thing to get there is the biscuit with fried chicken and white gravy on top. It’s absolutely amazing – almost a religious experience. Also, everyone is always happy when they are at The Avenue,” said Lauren Talley, a junior majoring in nutrition.

Chuck’s Fish

“Chuck’s is a restaurant that is laid back, yet refined. I always get the sushi and I never order the same thing, partly because their sushi menu is so large and partly because everything is fantastic,” said Joe Barletta, a junior majoring in mechanical engineering.

Full Moon Bar-B-Que

“Full Moon is my favorite spot in Tuscaloosa for some real Southern barbecue. It’s a fun place to eat because there is so much school pride, and I never feel rushed out. My go-to meal is the pulled pork sandwich and a Diet Coke,” said Kat Norton, a junior majoring in 
criminal justice.

Dreamland Bar-B-Que

“The original Dreamland is my favorite because of its unique atmosphere. I love the hole-in-the-wall, dimly-lit, intimate feel. I have never been disappointed,” said Seth Chauhan, a junior majoring 
in psychology.

Glory Bound

“Mediterranean food can sometimes be unapproachable to someone from Texas like myself, but when I’m at Glory Bound, everything is delicious.” said Taylor Sheeran, a junior majoring in English 
and communications.