Law school app streamlined

Undergraduate students at The University of Alabama are eligible for streamlined application processes to The University of Alabama School of Law, a program ranked in the top 25 law schools in the country, according to US News and World Report’s Best Law School ranking. 

The law school currently offers two alternative application processes for qualified students interested in studying law during the Fall 2015 semester. The applications can expect a response within 24 hours.

The UA Honors Admissions Program is available for senior residents of Alabama currently enrolled in the Honors College. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.80 with a minimum of a 27 on their ACT or 1220 SAT score. An LSAT score is not necessary.

“[The process] wasn’t stressful at all … I applied and knew within a business day,” recently accepted senior Will Menas said.

The second application is the Alabama Scholars Admission Program, available to students from The University of Alabama, Auburn University, and Birmingham-Southern College. Students must provide an LSAT score, as well as an LSAC Credential Assembly Service Report. They must have a 3.80 GPA as well.

“We are one of the premiere deep South law schools,” said Will Hoffman, a senior majoring in history and pre-law who was recently accepted. “So if you can get into Alabama’s School of Law through one of these ways it’s a big deal.”

The two processes make the application process significantly easier for interested students, which, in turn, should attract more applicants.