​Women’s golf to play at Chapel Hill

​Women’s golf to play at Chapel Hill

After a much-improved rebound tournament in Kissimmee, Florida, the Alabama women’s golf team will play again this weekend at Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The University of North Carolina is hosting an 18-team field.

“It’s a golf course we have had some success on, but mostly it’s a really fair test of golf,” coach Mic Potter said. “If you play 
well, you are rewarded. If you don’t, then 
you are identified.”

Junior Emma Talley finished the Annika Intercollegiate in eighth place with a score of 3-under-par.

“I definitely did better than the tournament before that. I stayed more into the game, and I did not put as much pressure on myself to do well,” Talley said.

Potter said the mental aspect is important for the success of the team. Sophomore Cammie Grey said she had to adjust her thought process and has 
been working on that.

“The mental aspect of the game is probably 90-100 percent of the actual game itself, which is crazy to think about,” Grey said.

Grey finished 7-over-par and tied for the No. 40 spot on the leaderboard. The team as a whole improved by six shots from Vanderbilt to Annika. Petter wants the same improvement from Annika to North Carolina.

“I think if we can keep making that sort of improvement tournament to tournament, then we will have a good year,” he said.