Tide takes 2nd practice indoors

Alabama returned to the practice field Monday for the second time this spring. The Crimson Tide players wore shorts and helmets as the team moved indoors because of the dreary Tuscaloosa weather.

Redshirt freshman wide receiver ArDarius Stewart continued working with the defensive backs and specifically worked with defensive coordinator Kirby Smart and the other safeties during individual drills.

The same five offensive linemen – Leon Brown, Arie Kouandjio, Ryan Kelly, Alphonse Taylor and Austin Shepherd – worked together as the presumptive first-team group.

(See also “Alabama hits the field for first practice of spring“)

Junior Cyrus Jones and sophomore Eddie Jackson led the cornerbacks through individual drills under the watchful eye of Alabama head coach Nick Saban. Junior Bradley Sylve and early enrollee Tony Brown followed behind them.

All Crimson Tide running backs carried a football in each arm as they went through drills. Then-sophomore backs T.J. Yeldon and Kenyan Drake gave up seven combined fumbles a season ago. Yeldon led the drills Monday with sophomore tailback Derrick Henry behind him.

Senior quarterback Blake Sims was at the front of the line as the quarterbacks worked with the wide receivers.

Senior wide receiver DeAndrew White wore a black no-contact jersey for the second consecutive day and worked on a stationary bike on the sideline.

Harrison Jones, who is no longer with the team, watched practice from a treadmill in the team’s weight room that overlooks the indoor practice facility.

ESPN’s David Pollack, an analyst for College GameDay, filmed an interview on campus with Saban for SportsCenter.

The Crimson Tide will take to the practice fields again Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.

(See also “Alabama players impress NFL scouts at Pro Day“)