Classes are canceled, so now what?

When UA president Judy Bonner cancels class and Tuscaloosa mayor Walt Maddox closes roads, what are you supposed to do on a cold Wednesday and Thursday in Snowstorm 2014? Stay inside, try something new and mark some things off your forever-long to-do list.

Try a new recipe. Since you can’t count on Publix to stay open to buy beer and milk for Snowstorm 2014, try entering in the ingredients you have into supercook.com to find a recipe for which you already have ingredients. You’ll feel adventurous trying new flavors, and you won’t have to venture onto the black ice covering Wallace Wade Ave.

Netflix. Snuggle up with your fellow snow-bound students and Vigo Mortenson and compare the roads of I-65 to “The Road,” available to watch instantly on Netflix.

Fix your resume. Seniors, you’ve been putting off applying for jobs until you perfect your resume. It’s well into spring semester, and the jobs aren’t coming to you. Take this time off to sit down and finish what you started. Whatever you do, please don’t use colored text or Comic Sans.

Shop online. Even though Alabama is just now getting a taste of winter, stores are making room for their spring collections. Take advantage of this in-between sale season and warm up your somber, snowed-in soul with a little retail therapy. J.Crew has all online sale items 40 percent off. You’re welcome.

Clean your bathroom. Like resumes, bathroom cleaning is usually put in the “I’ll do it later” category. Now’s the time to catch up on house hygiene without it interfering with your weekend shenanigans.