Tuscaloosa American Cancer Society prepares for fall events

The Tuscaloosa chapter of the American Cancer Society will launch its fall event schedule on Aug. 22 at the “Kick Off Breakfast.” The breakfast will be held at Indian Hills Country Club and will give attendees a look at the major events planned for the upcoming months.

The highlight of this coming semester is the “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” event to be held Nov. 2. The event will take place at the Government Plaza in downtown Tuscaloosa starting at 9 a.m.

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is an event designed to unite the community through its 3- and 5-mile non-competitive walks while raising awareness and funding for breast cancer research.

This annual event was first held in fall 2011 and proved to be a great success. The American Cancer Society was able to raise over $41,000 and is very hopeful about the outcome this fall.

The Kick Off Breakfast will formally introduce the event to the public. Teams and small business within the community are invited to attend to learn more about Making Strides and connect with others dedicated to the breast cancer cause.

Teams and individuals are able to sign up for the walk, RSVP to the Kick Off Breakfast and receive additional information on the event, volunteering opportunities and fundraising ideas at makingstrides.acs.org.