UA Board of Trustees committee approves further construction

?The University of Alabama Board of Trustees physical properties committee approved further action in the UA Sorority Expansion Master Plan at Thursday’s meeting. The entire board will vote on the actions Friday. ? The affected houses include Alpha Phi, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Kappa Gamma and Phi Mu.

?Alpha Phi and Gamma Phi Beta will both construct houses on Paul W. Bryant Drive with budgets set at roughly $12 million. ? ? Kappa Kappa Gamma will demolish its current house and is set to rebuild on Colonial Drive with the committee’s approval for a revised budget of $13 million.

?Phi Mu was also approved for a preliminary budget of $13 million for a house on Colonial drive.

?The committee approved Phi Kappa Psi fraternity for a preliminary budget of $6 million to construct a house on University Blvd.

?Additionally, the committee approved a budget revision for an increase of roughly $2 million for the Ferguson Center renovation, bringing the project in at around $43 million.

?The board as whole will also vote Friday on a potential tuition increase for all UA system campuses, which would raise tuition $125 for in-state students and $500 for out-of-state students at the University of Alabama specifically. The committee meetings will reconvene at 9:30 a.m. Friday followed by the entire Board of Trustees at 10:45 a.m.