Tuscaloosa offers variety of Gameday celebration locations

Another successful victory by the Tide always calls for a celebration. When in Title Town, where post-football game celebrations go all out, deciding where to celebrate another victory can be difficult. Whether it’s Gameday food, drinks or camaraderie you crave, Tuscaloosa has something to offer.

Going out

One Tuscaloosa bar famous for Gameday celebrations is Gallettes, just a few steps away from the stadium. Recognizable with their token yellow Gallettes cups, they are known for their Gameday drink, the Yellowhammer. Located on the Strip, Gallettes draws a crowd ranging from current UA students to parents and alumni who were once celebrating at the same bar in their time as students.

The Strip, buzzing with celebration even before the end of Rammer Jammer rings out from Bryant-Denny Stadium, offers a variety of other places to celebrate with fellow Crimson Tide fans. Places like the Houndstooth provide fans with all the necessities to celebrate on Gameday, including flat-screen TVs, a spacious patio, beverages and food on the patio. It’s no wonder many fans flock to the Houndstooth for the sports bar experience.

The tailgate

Another popular way to celebrate a victory by the Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa is tailgating. A sea of crimson and white tents expands across the Quad and into other parts of campus at every home game. Under those tents, fans have everything from a simple gathering to a full-blown Gameday extravaganza with flat-screen TVs and catered meals. In Tuscaloosa, the tailgate is no small affair, and the festivities often begin early in the morning and continue well into the late hours after the game.

Food at a tailgate means lots of burgers, barbecue and ribs, with plenty of leftovers for post-victory snacking. Alongside a simple tent and a couple chairs, good food, friends and more than a couple six-packs are the simple way to a successful tailgate.

Bringing the celebration home

Whether you host a smaller gathering with family and friends or the full-on college after-party, bringing the celebration home can be a great way to ring in another victory. In the last few games of the season, when the Southern air finally turns too chilly for a tailgate in the evening, many fans move the party inside. Friends and family flock to apartments and houses of students who live near the Strip or stadium. If you live near the stadium, parties at your house can be the way to go when the weather gets cold or the crowd is too much.