Panhellenic Association hosts Easter Egg Hunt

The Panhellenic Association will be hosting the community Easter egg hunt Sunday on the lawn of the president’s mansion.

From 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., children under the age of 12 will be able to search for eggs and visit with the Easter bunny and Miss UA.

Sarah Suggs, president of the Panhellenic Association and a junior majoring in accounting, said this is a group project.

“It is a collaborative effort of each of the sororities’ Junior Panhellenic delegates along with Panhellenic executive council to host an event that is memorable to the children,” Suggs said. “Many of us have fond memories of hunting Easter eggs as a child, and we hope that we can provide an event worth remembering to these kids as well.”

In case it rains, as it did last year, Megan Hayes, director of programming and a sophomore majoring in telecommunication and film, said the Ferguson Center has been reserved.

“This event is free for the public, and light refreshments will be served,” Hayes said. “The lawn will be divided up into two sections to accommodate different age groups.”

Hayes said there are several reasons for holding the hunt on the president’s mansion.

“The President’s Mansion serves as a symbolic location because it is centrally located in the heart of campus,” he said. “It is one of the most beautiful buildings that we have at UA and the lawn is a perfect place to hide eggs.”

The egg hunt is open to anyone in the community, and it is free. Students, faculty and staff are also welcome to attend the event. Parking will be available behind Sorority Row.

“The Tuscaloosa community shows so much support for The University of Alabama and this is just a small way that we can give back,” Hayes said. “They participate in all of UA’s events and this is an event that can show the people Tuscaloosa how much we appreciate them.”